Important Info for the 2021-2022 Year
Welcome to Morgan Street Dance Company! We hope you had a safe and healthy summer. In order to safeguard all students and staff we will be following all current state guidelines for social distancing and mask wearing. Please refer to this document for information regarding our 2020/2021 dance season. Classes begin August 16th, 2021- we look forward to seeing your little dancer’s smiling faces!
- The first day of class is Monday August, 16th, 2021
- Please take a moment to accept the online waiver in your Parent Portal
- Please take a moment to update the following information in your Parent Portal
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone numbers
- Your child’s Medical Conditions/Allergy info.
- Your child’s previous years of dance
- Sign online waiver acceptance
- You can find important documents such as schedules and the dress code in you Parent Portal by clicking on “View Account Documents”
Classes and Fees:
- Classes begin Tuesday, AUGUST 16TH, 2021- To view your child’s class schedule please log in to your Parent Portal and
click on”View all my classes”. For a complete list of all classes, times and locations, please refer to the attached 2021/2022 Class Schedule
- Fees-Please refer to the attached MSDC 2021/2022 Fees table for tuition and fee amounts. To view the actual tuition and fees charged to your account please log into your Parent Portal and click on “View financial history.”
- Monthly Tuition – due on the 1st of the month.
- Costume Deposit – due on September 15th.
- Performance Fee- due on November 15th (includes one Performance DVD per family, one program per student, pictures for the program and Heymann Center Fees and Insurance)
- Late Fees – A $10.00 fee will be charged for dancers picked up more than 10 minutes after class dismissal
- A $15.00 late fee will be charged to accounts not paid by the 10th of the month
- All fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable. No refunds or deductions are given if a student misses class. If a student must
withdraw, please notify the office immediately. Tuition will be charged until notification.
- Online payments- You can pay online with a credit card by logging into your Parent Portal. A 3.2% convenience fee will be added to all credit card payments. If you choose to enroll in AutoPay, your card will be charged on the first Monday of the month for your current balance due.
- COSTUME BALANCES are not eligible for Auto-Pay.
- Checks – Please make all checks payable to MSDC. Checks can be dropped in the lobby’s tution box or mailed to 209 Center Sarcelle Blvd. Suite 203, Youngsville, LA 70592.
Performance and Costume Info:
- Performance Rehearsal: May 21st, 2022
- Performance Date: May 21st & 22nd, 2022
- Location: Heymann Performing Arts Center
- Costumes: Classes 1-3, Hip Hop = 1 costume
- Classes 4 – Intermediate 1 = 2 costumes
- Intermediate 2 – Advanced 2 = 3+ costumes
- Extra Classes = 1 Costume
- Ticket process is decided upon yearly by the Heymann Performing Arts Center. Information will be given to you as soon as we receive it. Parents and students will both need a ticket for entry into the Heymann Center during the performance.
- Each family will be allowed to purchase up to 14 tickets before they go on sale to the general public.
- Covid -19 Capacity Restrictions may alter the amount of tickets that can be purchased
- Morgan Street Dance Company follows the Lafayette Parish School System Calendar for Holiday closures and Weather related closures. (Except for Mardi Gras)
- In case of severe weather closures, we will do our best to notify you by email and on our Facebook page.
- MSDC will have class on Parent-Teacher Conference Days and In-Service Days
- Labor Day: September 6th, 2021
- Fall Break: October 18th, 2021
- Thanksgiving: November 22-26, 2021
- Christmas: December 20, 2021 – December 31st, 2021 (classes resume on Jan. 3rd, 2022)
- MLK Day: January 17, 2022
- Mardi Gras: February 28- March 4th, 2022 (MSDC is closed the entire week)
- Easter Break: April 15-22, 2022
- First Day of Class August 16
- Costume Deposit Due September 15
- Costume Measuring October 11-15
- Halloween dress up October 25-29 (classes 1-5 and Hip Hop 1 & 2 only)
- Performance Fee Due November 15th
- Christmas Classes December 11 (classes 1-4 and Hip Hop 1 only)
- Picture Day March 5-6
- Performance Meeting Video April 25
- Rehearsal May 21st, 2022 (Heymann Center)
- Performance May 22nd, 2022 (Heymann Center)