- ABSOLUTELY no cell phones are to be turned on or used in the classroom.
- Food, drinks, and gum are not allowed in the studio.
- Cover-ups must be worn to and from class.
- Students should arrive 10 minutes prior to class and be picked up immediately following. There will be a $10 charge for students picked up 10 minutes or more after dismissal.
- Students will not be allowed to cross the street unattended at the Broussard location.
- No visitors are allowed during class.
- Students are expected to abide by all rules set by Morgan Street Dance Co.
- Public parking on street only at the Broussard location!
- The placement of a student is determined by the staff according to age, experience, ability, and maturity.
- If for any reason it becomes necessary to withdraw a child from a class, please notify the office immediately. Tuition is due until that time.
- Morgan Street Dance Co. will adhere to the same holiday schedule as the Lafayette Parish Public School System.
- The office is open Monday – Thursday. Please direct all business calls to Pam Boyle at (337) 451-5726. Office is closed Friday.
Fees and Payment
- A fee of $30 per child is due at the time of registration.
- The Costume Deposit is Due September 15th and the performance fee is due by December 1st of the current dance season.
- Annual tuition is divided into ten equal payments due by mail on the first of each month, August through May. Monthly statements will not be sent. A $15 late fee will be added to accounts not paid by the 10th of each month. A $30 fee will be charged for NSF checks.
- All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Payments can be made online through your parent portal or they can be mailed or placed in the tuition drop box in the lobby. Dance teachers/assistants cannot accept payments. Checks are payable to MSDC Mailing Address: 209 Centre Sarcelle Blvd, Suite 203, Youngsville, LA 70592
Performance and Special Activities
- Morgan Street Dance Co. has an end of the season performance. Details concerning this performance are decided upon annually. Information will be mailed prior to the start of the dance season.
- Tickets must be purchased through Heymann Performing Arts Center, details and dates for purchase to come.
- Certificates are given for the following: 3, 5, 7, 9, or 11 years of dance; Perfect Attendance.
- Trophies or plaques are given for the following: Hardest Worker in Each Class; Student Teacher of the Year; Robin Breaux Memorial Award
- Graduation Requirements: 12 years of ballet, tap, and jazz; 4 years of student teaching; Senior in high school; must participate in the assistant teacher program; and be enrolled in ballet, tap and jazz classes during their senior year.
Class 1 – Pink leotard and pink tights. Pink ballet shoes. No tap shoes. Please include an extra leotard & pair of tights in your child’s dance bag.
Class 2 – Pink leotard and pink tights. Pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes. Please include an extra leotard & pair of tights in your child’s dance bag.
Class 3 – Pink leotard and pink tights. Pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes.
Class 4 – Light blue leotard and pink tights. Pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes.
Class 5 – Lavender leotard and pink tights. Pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes.
Class 6 – Royal blue leotard and pink tights. Pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes.
Beginner Intermediate 1&2, Intermediate 1&2, Advanced 1&2
Ballet, Pre-Pointe & Pointe– Black leotard and pink convertible tights. Pink ballet shoes. (Do not purchase pointe shoes without consulting the teacher.) Optional- ballet skirt in any solid color.
Jazz– Leotard (any solid color) and black, tan or pink convertible tights. Black Jazz shoes. Optional- Black jazz pants, leggings, or dance shorts.
Tap– Leotard (any solid color) and black, tan or pink convertible tights. Black split sole tap shoes. Optional- Black jazz pants, leggings, or dance shorts.
Hip Hop- Loose athletic wear and athletic shoes
Contemporary, Leaps & Turns, Company Kids- same as class attire
Boys- Black or white t-shirts or tank tops. Black dance pants. Black ballet shoes, black tap shoes, black jazz shoes.
Other Dress Code Requirements
- All leotards must be either tank or camisole style.
- Ballet shoes should have elastic band across the arch and the drawstring should be double knotted, trimmed to 1 inch and tucked inside of the shoe.
- Tap shoes should have No Ribbons. You can loop black elastic through the ribbon holes, or buy a lace up black tap shoe.
- Hair must be pulled back in a bun or ponytail for ALL DANCE CLASSES.
- Write your child’s name on all dance clothing labels and dance shoes.
- A cover up should be worn to and from class.